Friday 1 March 2013

I'm writing a story!!! / need some help

Hi Guys! Luna here :)

I got an A+ on my English writing!!! yippie! :) beat the two kids in my class who speak english at home LIKE A BOSS!! see, that's why I love this blog :P

As you probably guessed by the title, I'm writing a story. 
All by myself, no fanfiction, but... maybe with a little help from you guys :)

That's the problem with my writing things... I'm good at caracters, a situation... but then comes that little thingy called plot. yeah... not easy, not at all...

So: The story is about a girl, called Victoria James, nicknamed Tori. Her grandma gives her a wonderful brass necklace with a pink quartz in it minutes before she dies, the key-shaped necklace she'd never take off when she lived, and asks her to keep it safe, and secret ("Keep it secret, keep it safe." :P )
After a while, Tori notices that her senses have become more sensitive and that she can move faster, and more quiet. She is also having weird dreams, with always the same two people in it, a man and a woman, standing still as statues... 

now I have to think of a storyline... what can happen?
I was thinking about the cliché thingy of a secret land, (I had thought of a name too) and it's locked away and stuff and you need seven keys to open it... no? I thought it'd be cool. 

and something when she's on holiday in Mexico, she notices she can hear the thoughts of a boy, and that he can hear her's too... 

something like that.... I really have no IDEA! HELP ME!!!!

I basically need a bad guy, and something he can do. 

PLEASE!!! 
You can use your annoying little brother or cheating ex-boyfriend as an example :)


I will be forever grateful to you :)

                                                                     Love, Luna 
                                                                         xoxoxoxox

3 comments:

  1. The story looks pretty good :p It sounds interesting and that's always handy.
    I've written some stories myself, but almost always fanfiction. I find it always handy to start with a paper, and just write whatever you want about the story. You can write name and write some hints about the character next to it. Having a basic personality for your characters is important, even if it's just : bad, irritating, sensible. It doesn't have to be extensive, just some basics is good. Also some plot ideas for the character. What do you want to happen to your characters? When? How? And of course the main plot. It sounds like a lot of preparation but it's worth it.
    After that you begin to write in the POV you want-If your story is only told in one POV - you can try to write a part out of another POV to try and understand the other characters. This is also very easy if you're still uncertain about your characters' personality. When you are more in the story, everything will turn out how it's supposed to be ot at least that's how it goes with me.
    This is by the way how I do it, but everyone has a different writing-style. So try some things out and experiment a bit; I'm sure you'll write a good story.

    And how about distant family for the bad guy? I know it's a little cliché, but maybe it works? Or he can be an ex from her grandmother, and the boy who Tori can hear can be his son (That would be dramatic I guess..) The ideas x'D

    Ow dear God; my brains are going to explode if I keep writing. My last tip is : Do your best and enjoy the story. If you don't like your main character of you find your story boring, there's a big chance you'll stop writing it after a while.

    Anyway, sorry for this HUGE post with only text. Please forgive me for exploding my brain on you :D I would love to hear some more ideas. The curiousity x'p
    Au revoir! Love, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow, and I would love to help proof read it :D I love proof reading, and want to do it more often so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mickie!

      I'll let you know if I need a proof reader :)

      Delete