Friday 15 February 2013

The Immortal


 warning: this post was written yesterday evening at 11 P.M. on my phone and is just my thoughts written down. Well, without the constant flow of Harry Potter, chocolate, Lotr and Unicorns. Oh, and pizza. I'm literally copy-pasting this stuff. Anyway, enjoy!


Hi guys, it's Luna!
I'm now at my grandma's house with my little sisters. we're staying here for two nights, so we're leaving tomorrow. As I absolutely need a book when I'm somewhere where... well... everywhere basically, we quickly went to the library to get some books (planned: one for each kid) before going to grandma. I took a look around, planning to re-read the Percy Jackson-books, to find out that only "Sea of Monsters" and "The Last Olympian" were available. Now, you know how that goes, I was pissed off for a moment, but left the R-part to look for other series. I had found three good-looking books, thick and Fantasy, exactly my type, but then I noticed this serie of five books, 

(I looked it up just now and noticed there are actually six *mindblown*)

and I vaguely remembered someone (probably my best friend)  saying I should read them: the "Immortal"-series by Alyson Noël. It's not what I usually read, it's a bit too paranormal for me, and I seriously considered not reading them because there was at the back that if you loved Twilight, you would love this too. 

(Note: I've read the Twilight saga, thrice. I've got the right to dislike Twilight, Bella and Sparkly Vampires. I can write another post about why Harry Potter is better than Twilight. That's an idea... yes! sorry, let's go on.)

so blablabla Twilight, but I remembered a quote I read somewhere: 
"There are worse things you can do with books then burning them; such as not reading them." (I have no IDEA who said that)
So I decided to try what my friend had said. I started in Evermore as soon as I had borrowed the books. I finished it that night. That may sound pretty fast, but it's my normal read-speed if I think the book is good, and if it reads good. (LotR, for example, goes a lot slower because it's that hard-to-read-English, even though I think Tolkien's books are awesome.) I wish I was that good in writing... 
Anyway, I finished Blue Moon this eveving and I'm now busy with realising that Blue Moon looks a lot like New Moon. (I mean, boy leaves girl, girl really loses control because of the fact that her "true love" has left her, and is meanwhile stalked by someone who pretends to be/ is in love with her. Oh yeah, the girl visits the boy's house without him knowing, AND the boy can read minds! It all fits! And there is someone of whom the person he/she loved is killed in the previous book... the start of the story is that the main caracter moves to another city with a whole other climate... OMG! You evil cheater...

well, I'm now busy reading Shadowland.
Sorry btw if I spoiled a bit, I got taken away...

well, they're really good books if you love obsessive, stalky, true love, with a bit fantasy interwined, and NO creepy stalking disco-ball vampires :)

GO READ THEM and tell me what you think of them!

it's a bit risky to post that last sentence... it would be kinda a fail if no one answered... I don't care, #YOLO

It's a quarter to twelve now, I'm going to sleep now, so that I can post this tomorrow :) 

                                                    Love, Luna
                                                  xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Not a good serie. Immortal series. Also, don't read 'The Maze Runner'. I heard it isn't that good either and way too over-hyped. Overall said: good post. Again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I stopped reading it. I'm gonna ask Mayka for City of Ashes

      Delete
  2. And really? YOLO? I thought you were better than this. Keep it in mind, my 'to read'-section on my blog can also be helpful for you. Oh, and when I'm done with The Host, I'm going to force you to read it. Siriusly, a big hug to Stephanie for writing that ! It's so.. Not Twilight. Better. Way, better.

    ReplyDelete